LightSources Family Companies (“LightSources”) – Terms & Conditions:
LightSources, Inc., LightTech Lamp Technology, Kft., LCD Lighting, Inc., Voltarc, Cerlux, Ltd.
All contents on this Site are protected by United States and international copyright laws. © 2010 LightSources, Inc. and its affiliates. All rights reserved.
Conditions of Use and Privacy Statement
Effective Date: May 24, 2018
• The Information We Collect
• How We Use Your Information
• Legal Bases for Use of Your Information
• Cookies and Similar Technologies
• Online Analytics and Advertising
• How We Share and Disclose Your Information
• Retention of Your Information
• Data Subject Rights and Your Choices
• Third Party Links and Features
• Children’s Privacy
• International Users
• Information for Employment Applicants
• How We Protect Your Information
• California Privacy Rights
• Employment Applications
• Light Sources Inc Contact Information
THE INFORMATION WE COLLECT
• Participate in a Light Sources Inc research survey or study.
We refer to these products and services collectively as the “Services”.
We obtain information about you through the means discussed below when we provide the Services. Please note that we need certain types of information so that we can provide the Services to you. If you do not provide us with such information, or ask us to delete it, you may no longer be able to access or use our Services.
1. Information You Provide to Us
Light Sources Inc collects a variety of information that you provide directly to us. For example, Light Sources Inc collects information from you through:
• Processing your orders
• Requests or questions you submit to us via forms or email
• Your communications and dealings with us (including on our websites, in stores, at special events, over the phone, on third-party social media sites, and by mail or email)
• The Services that you use
• Your participation in Light Sources Inc sweepstakes, contests, or research
• Any reviews that you submit about the Services and Light Sources Inc products
• Employment applications
• Account and product registration and administration of your account
• Uploads or posts to the Services
• Requests for customer support and technical assistance
Information about you. While some of the Services may not require you to provide any information that can directly identify you by name the specific types of information we collect will depend upon the Services you use, how you use them, and the information you choose to provide. The types of data we collect directly from you includes:
• Name, address, telephone number and email address (and company name, address, contact information, and other company details if you are using a Light Sources Inc business website or product)
• Log-in credentials, if you create a Light Sources Inc account
• Billing information, such as shipping address, credit or debit card number, verification number, and expiration date
• Information about purchases or other transactions with us
• Information about your customer service and maintenance interactions with us
• Information you choose to attribute in connection with your devices (e.g., the name of the musical venue you upload in a Light Sources Inc app and share with other users or the name you have given to your Light Sources Inc product)
• Demographic information such as your gender
• User-generated content you post in public online Light Sources Inc forums (e.g., the Light Sources Inc Community)
• Any other information you choose to directly provide to Light Sources Inc in connection with your use of the Services.
Information about others. If you request that your Light Sources Inc purchase be shipped to someone other than yourself, we use the information you provide about the other person to fulfill the shipment.
Light Sources Inc ID. Some of our products and features will allow you or require you to create an account and establish a Light Sources Inc ID. This ID may allow you to sign into a range of Light Sources Inc Services. It also enables Light Sources Inc to consolidate information collected across a range of Light Sources Inc products and services, which helps us provide you with a more seamless experience across our Services.
2. Information We Collect Through Automated Means
When you use our Services, we collect certain information as described in this Section. As discussed further below, we and our service providers (which are third party companies that work on our behalf), may use a variety of technologies, including cookies and similar tools, to assist in collecting this information.
Websites. When you use our websites, we collect and analyze information such as your IP address, browser types, browser language, operating system, the state or country from which you accessed the Services, software and hardware attributes (including device IDs) referring and exit pages and URLs, platform type, the number of clicks, files you download, domain names, landing pages, pages viewed and the order of those pages, the amount of time spent on particular pages, the terms you use in searches on our sites, the date and time you used the Services and upload or post content, error logs, and other similar information.
Light Sources Inc Mobile Applications and Software. When you use a Light Sources Inc mobile application or software, we automatically receive certain information about the mobile phone, tablet, or computer used to access the application or software, including a mobile device identifier, IP address, operating system, version, Internet service provider, browser type, domain name and other similar information, whether and when you update the app and your connected Light Sources Inc products, date and time of use, and how you use the app, including time spent in different portions of the application, content accessed or downloaded (including stations played, playlists, artists, albums, songs, or podcasts), and list of systems and software applications.
Location Information. When you use the Services, we and our service providers may automatically collect general location information (e.g., IP address, city/state and or postal code associated with an IP address) from your computer or mobile device. This information allows us to enable access to content that varies based on a user’s general location (e.g., providing access to local radio stations).
We will ask your permission before collecting your precise GPS location information. In such instances, we will use your precise geo-location information to provide customized services, content, promotional offers and other information that may be of interest to you. We may also use this information to enable you to locate a lost or stolen device. If you no longer wish for us and our service providers to collect and use GPS location information, you may disable the location features on your device. Please see your device manufacturer settings. Please note that if you disable such features, you will not be able to access or receive some or all of the services, content, features, and/or products made available via the Services.
Collection of Information Across Light Sources Inc products, personal devices, and applications. Sometimes, we (or our service providers) may use the information we collect — for instance, usernames, IP addresses and unique mobile device identifiers — to locate or try to locate the same unique users across multiple browsers or devices (such as smartphones, tablets, or connected Light Sources Inc products), or work with providers that do this, to better tailor content and features and provide you with a seamless experience across devices. If you wish to opt out of cross device tracking for purposes of interest-based advertising, you may do so through your Android or Apple device-based settings.
4. Information We Collect from Social Media and Other Content Platforms
Similarly, if you connect your Light Sources Inc device to underlying platforms or content providers (e.g., Spotify or Amazon Echo), such providers allow us and our service providers to have access to and store additional information about your interaction with those providers as it relates to use of the Services (e.g., to display your recently-played Spotify playlist within Light Sources Inc connected products and mobile applications). If you do not wish to have this information shared, do not initiate these connections.
When you “like” or “follow” us on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, or other social media sites, we may collect some information from you including your name, e-mail address, and any comments or content you post relevant to us. We also collect your information if you sign up for one of our promotions or submit information to us through social media sites.
5. Information We Collect from Others
Light Sources Inc may receive additional information such as demographic and statistical information from third parties, such as business partners, marketers, researchers, analysts, and other parties that we may attribute to you based on your assignment to certain statistical groups. We use this information to supplement the information that we collect directly from you in order to derive your possible interests and to provide more relevant experiences for you with the Light Sources Inc brand and improve Light Sources Inc’s products, analytics, and advertising.
HOW WE USE YOUR INFORMATION
• Complete a purchase or provide the Services you have requested, including invoicing and accounting
• Respond to your request for information and provide you with more effective and efficient customer service
• Provide you with updates and information about products you have purchased from us
• Contact you by email, postal mail, or phone regarding Light Sources Inc and third-party products, services, surveys, research studies, promotions, special events and other subjects that we think may be of interest to you
• Customize the advertising and content you see
• Customize the content we provide on the Services
• Help us better understand your interests and needs, and improve the Services
• Synthesize and derive insights from your use of different Services
• Engage in analysis, research, and reports regarding use of our Services
• Provide, manage, and improve the Services and their performance, and test and create new products, features, and services
• Secure our websites, products, software, applications, or Light Sources Inc retail stores Understand and resolve app crashes and other issues being reported
• Comply with any procedures, laws, and regulations which apply to us where it is necessary for our legitimate interests or the legitimate interests of others
• Establish, exercise, or defend our legal rights where it is necessary for our legitimate interests or the legitimate interests of others
Aggregate/Anonymous Data. We may aggregate and/or anonymize any information collected through the Services so that such information can no longer be linked to you or your device (“Aggregate/Anonymous Information”). We may use Aggregate/Anonymous Information for any purpose, including without limitation for research and marketing purposes, and may also share such data with any third parties, including advertisers, promotional partners, and sponsors.
LEGAL BASES FOR USE OF YOUR INFORMATION
• Where use of your information is necessary to perform our obligations under a contract with you (for example, to comply with: the terms of service of our websites which you accept by browsing the websites/registering; and/or our contract to provide our Services to you); or
• Where use of your information is necessary for our legitimate interests or the legitimate interests of others (for example, to provide security for our websites, products, software, applications, or Light Sources Inc retail stores; operate our business and our Services; ensure safe environments for our staff and visitors; make and receive payments; comply with legal requirements and defend our legal rights; prevent fraud and to know the customer to whom we are providing Services).
COOKIES AND SIMILAR TECHNOLOGIES
To collect the information in the “Information We Automatically Collect” section above, we and our service providers use Internet server logs, cookies, tags, SDKs, tracking pixels, and other similar tracking technologies. We use these technologies in order to offer you a more tailored experience in the future, by understanding and remembering your particular browsing preferences.
• A web server log is a file where website activity is stored.
• An SDK is a set of tools and/or code that we embed in our applications and software to allow third parties to collect information about how users interact with the Services.
• A cookie is a small text file that is placed on your computer or mobile device when you visit a site, that enables us to: (i) recognize your computer; (ii) store your preferences and settings; (iii) understand the web pages of the Services you have visited; (iv), enhance your user experience by delivering and measuring the effectiveness of content and advertising tailored to your interests; (v) perform searches and analytics; and (vi) assist with security and administrative functions. Some cookies are placed in your browser cache while those associated with Flash technologies are stored with your Adobe Flash Player files.
• Tracking pixels (sometimes referred to as web beacons or clear GIFs) are tiny electronic tags with a unique identifier embedded in websites, online ads and/or email that are designed to: (1) collect usage information like ad impressions or clicks and email open rates; (2) measure popularity of the Services and associated advertising; and (3) access user cookies.
As we adopt additional technologies, we may also gather information through other methods.
Please note that you can change your settings to notify you when a cookie is being set or updated, or to block cookies altogether. Please consult the “Help” section of your browser for more information (e.g., Internet Explorer; Google Chrome; Mozilla Firefox; or Apple Safari). You can also manage the use of Flash technologies, including flash cookies and local storage objects with the Flash management tools available at Adobe’s website. Please note that by blocking, disabling, or managing any or all cookies, you may not have access to certain features or offerings of the Services. For example, to complete a purchase on our websites, you will need to accept cookies sent by our sites. If you choose not to accept our cookies, please call us at to place your order by phone or click here for additional global Light Sources Inc contact information.
ONLINE ANALYTICS AND ADVERTISING
We may use third-party web analytics services (such as those of Google Analytics) on our Services to collect and analyze usage information through cookies and similar tools; engage in auditing, research, or reporting; assist with fraud prevention; and provide certain features to you. To prevent Google Analytics from using your information for analytics, you may install the Google Analytics Opt-out Browser Add-on by clicking here. We may also use Adobe Analytics to analyze and optimize the performance of our websites, advertising, and content. To learn more about Adobe’s privacy practices and to make choices regarding Adobe’s tracking activities, please click here.
If you receive email from us, we may use certain analytics tools, such as clear GIFs to capture data such as when you open our message or click on any links or banners our email contains. This data allows us to gauge the effectiveness of our communications and marketing campaigns.
2. Notice Concerning Do Not Track.
Do Not Track (“DNT”) is a privacy preference that users can set in certain web browsers. We are committed to providing you with meaningful choices about the information collected on our website for third party purposes, and that is why we provide the variety of opt-out mechanisms listed above. However, we do not currently recognize or respond to browser-initiated DNT signals. To learn more about Do Not Track, you can do so here.
HOW WE SHARE AND DISCLOSE YOUR INFORMATION
Light Sources Inc will share your information in the following ways:
• Affiliates and Subsidiaries. We may share information we collect within the Light Sources Inc family of companies (e.g, Light Sources Inc’s manufacturing, distribution, and product development companies) to deliver products and services to you, ensure a consistent level of service across our products and Services, and enhance our products, services, and your customer experience.
• Service Providers. We provide access to or share your information with select third parties who perform services on our behalf. They have access to perform these services but are prohibited from using your information for other purposes. They provide a variety of services to us, including billing, sales, marketing, product content and features (e.g., voice activation/recognition services), advertising, analytics, research, customer service, shipping and fulfillment, data storage, security, fraud prevention, payment processing, and legal services. Such parties currently include crash and bug analytics providers like Crashlytics, and service providers like Segment that enable us to connect your Light Sources Inc products to your device and provide us with analytics for internal purposes.
• Business Transfers. As we continue to develop our business, we may buy, merge, or partner with other companies. In such transactions, (including in contemplation of such transactions) user information may be among the transferred assets. If a portion or all of Light Sources Inc’s assets are sold or transferred to a third-party, customer information (including your email address) would likely be one of the transferred business assets. If such transfer is subject to additional mandatory restrictions under applicable laws, Light Sources Inc will comply with such restrictions.
• Aggregate/Anonymous Information. From time to time, Light Sources Inc may share Aggregate/Anonymous Information about use of the Services, such as by publishing a report on usage trends. The sharing of such data is unrestricted.
RETENTION OF YOUR INFORMATION
We keep your information for no longer than necessary for the purposes for which it is processed. The length of time for which we retain information depends on the purposes for which we collected and use it and/or as required to comply with applicable laws.
DATA SUBJECT RIGHTS AND YOUR CHOICES
You have certain rights with respect to your information as further described in this section.
1. Your Legal Rights
If you would like further information in relation to your legal rights under applicable law or would like to exercise any of them, please contact us using the information in the “Light Sources Inc Contact Information” section below at any time. Your local laws may permit you to request that we:
• provide access to and/or a copy of certain information we hold about you
• prevent the processing of your information for direct-marketing purposes (including any direct marketing processing based on profiling)
• update information which is out of date or incorrect
• delete certain information which we are holding about you
• restrict the way that we process and disclose certain of your information
• transfer your information to a third-party provider of services
• revoke your consent for the processing of your information
We will consider all requests and provide our response within the time period stated by applicable law. Please note, however, that certain information may be exempt from such requests in some circumstances, which may include if we need to keep processing your information for our legitimate interests or to comply with a legal obligation. We may request you provide us with information necessary to confirm your identity before responding to your request.
2. Marketing Communications and Sharing
3. Cross-device Tracking Opt Out
If you wish to opt out of cross device tracking for purposes of interest-based advertising, you may do so through your Android or Apple device-based settings.
THIRD PARTY LINKS AND FEATURES
The information discussed in this Policy that is collected outside of the United States is controlled by Light Sources Inc’s office in Orange, CT 06477. Information will also be shared and processed in the United States by Light Sources Inc whose principal office in the United States is located at Orange, CT 06477. Your information will be processed in the United States for the purposes described herein. As described above, Light Sources Inc also may subcontract the processing of your data to, or otherwise share your data with, other members within the Light Sources Inc group, trusted service providers, and trusted business partners in countries other than your country of residence, including the United States, in accordance with applicable law. Such third parties may be engaged in, among other things, the provision of Services to you, the processing of transactions and/or the provision of support services. By providing us with your information, you acknowledge any such transfer, storage or use.
If applicable, you may make a complaint to the data protection supervisory authority in the country where you are based. Alternatively, you may seek a remedy through local courts if you believe your rights have been breached.
Note for users from Argentina. Pursuant to National Directorate for Personal Data Protection Disposition 10/2008, I have been informed that: “Data subjects have the right to access their data free of charge at intervals no shorter than 6 months, unless a legitimate interest for doing so is proved, pursuant to section 14, subsection 3 of Act 25,326. The National Directorate for Personal Data Protection, control organ of Act 25,326, has the power to hear all claims made in relation to non-compliance with personal data protection regulations.” If you wish to access your data, please contact us using the contact information listed below.
HOW WE PROTECT YOUR INFORMATION
Light Sources Inc takes technical and organizational security measures to protect your information against accidental or unlawful destruction or accidental loss, alteration, unauthorized disclosure or access. However, no method of transmission over the internet, and no means of electronic or physical storage, is secure. As such, you acknowledge and accept that we cannot guarantee the security of your information transmitted to, though, or on our Services or via the Internet and that any such transmission is at your own risk.
Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access to a Light Sources Inc account, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone.
CALIFORNIA PRIVACY RIGHTS
California law gives residents of California the right under certain circumstances to request information from us regarding the manner in which we share certain categories of personal information (as defined by applicable California law) with third parties for their direct marketing purposes. However, Light Sources Inc does not share your personal information with third parties for their own direct marketing purposes.
LIGHT SOURCES INC CONTACT INFORMATION
You may also contact our Data Protection Officer by using the email address above or by postal mail at the following address: Light Sources Inc, 37 Robinson Blvd, Orange, CT 06477