Fluorescent lamps are used as light sources in an extensive variety of applications. These applications include consumer and industrial applications, such as home and office lighting. Fluorescent lamps are also used in a number of more demanding applications, such as backlighting displays, liquid crystal displays (LCDs) and active matrix liquid crystal displays (AMLCDs).
Our LCD Lighting avionics lamp series for LCDs and AMLCDs are used in a wide variety of applications including aircraft flight instruments, commercial, private and military aircrafts or portable computers.
LCD Lighting is especially proud to be the long-standing partner and the sole manufacturer of miniature AMLCD backlight lamps used in the cockpit of the Boeing 777 passenger jet. We are proud to have a stake in the defense of our country and in the US Space Program. Our lamps are used for primary flight instrumentation displays in military, aerospace and commercial aircrafts, including the NASA Space Shuttle. Moreover, our high quality lamps are used to light the majority of interior cabins for the world’s private jet aircraft industry.
LCD Lighting Lamp Technology
- Lamp engineering and backlight design support: optical, mechanical, environmental and electrical (inverter)
- Hot-cathode and cold-cathode designs: long life phosphors and electrodes
- Custom blended tri-band phosphors: precision chromaticity
AMLCD Backlight Technology Capabilities: Lamp Engineering and Backlight Design
- Optical: custom light sources, filters / diffusers
- Mechanical: reflective plate, tray or housing
- Environmental: thermal management, shock & vibe
- Electrical: power supply (inverter), system interfacing
Capabilities for the Avionics Industry
- Precision glass bending and craftsmanship: from straight, bent, serpentines or circles to interlocking lamp pairs
- Hot-cathode fluorescent lamps (HCFL): 6.0mm to 20mm diameters
- Cold-cathode fluorescent lamps (CCFL): 2.0mm to 20mm diameters