Our companies provide high-quality spot amalgam and pellet amalgam lamps in standard and custom configurations. Our low pressure pellet amalgam lamps function with equal efficiency in both horizontal and vertical operations.
Amalgam lamps yield up to three times the UVC output over standard lamps of the same length. We have applied our proprietary LongLife+™ process to the amalgam line. Our special proprietary coating eliminates the common problem of accelerated depreciation so often associated with higher intensity lamps. Our lamps have an operating life of up to 16,000 hours, maintaining an end-of-life UVC output of 85%.
- Amalgam lamps offer the best performance over a broad air and water temperature range (4 – 40°C) with consistent UVC output; custom designs for higher temperature applications are available. They are available in both ozone generating and ozone-free lamp types.
- System designers have the ability to further decrease the number of lamps used in their treatment systems.
Our Proprietary Patented Pellet Amalgam Technology
Long known for innovation, Light Sources and LightTech take great pride in pioneering pellet technology for amalgam lamps. This cutting edge technology was developed and patented by Light Sources in the United States and by LightTech in Europe.
Pellet amalgam technology has a major benefit over spot amalgam technology. Pellet amalgam lamps are designed to produce higher UVC at full power, but also provide higher UV output under dimming conditions as compared to spot amalgam technology. This difference allows for increased output with reduced costs.
Other benefits of our pellet amalgam technology include greater efficiency in any mounting orientation (horizontal or vertical) and stable operation in more extreme ambient environments.
Spot & Pellet Amalgam Lamp Features
- Outside diameters: 15mm – 38mm
- Power range: 42W – 1,000W
- Stable UVC output performance: over a broad air and water temperature range (4 – 40°C)
- Higher wattage lamps = fewer lamps required = reduced capital and maintenance cost over system life
- Length: up to 2.5meters
- Electrical power: up to 1,000W
- Nominal UVC efficiency at 254nm: 35%
- Power per unit length: up to 5W/cm
- UVC intensity per unit length: up to 1,700mW/cm
- Ambient application temperature range: 4 – 40°C
- Operating hours: up to 16,000hrs
- End of life efficiency: up to 85%
Pellet Amalgam Lamp Features Only:
- Higher UVC outputs at 80% – 50% dimming* range as compared to Spot Amalgam technology
- Universal mounting (horizontal, vertical and diagonal)
- Stable output performance in very high glass wall temperature application where lamp is mounted vertically or diagonally
*Note: May require additional filament heating
UVC Spot Amalgam
|Tube Diameter||BF – BF Length||Arc Length||Power¹||Current¹,²||Voltage¹||UV Output¹
@ 254 nm
UVC Pellet Amalgam
|Tube Diameter||BF – BF Length||Arc Length||Power¹
@ 254 nm
Note 1: Lamp data is based on measurements performed under laboratory conditions in air at room ambient temperature. Measurements were performed on a high-frequency, current limited electronic ballast and represent average values at 1 meter.
Note 2: LSI Amalgam lamps are designed for operation on a PREHEAT BALLAST only, unless otherwise noted.